Since their introduction in the orthodontic world by Calvin Case in 1892, elastics have been used successfully to produce light continuous forces that are most effective for tooth movement.
In this course, your instructor, Dr. Stephane Reinhardt, Director of the Education Program for The C.L.E.A.R. Institute, will review the classification of elastics and share with you the possibilities they offer when combined with clear aligner treatments.
At the end of this course, you will understand how to use elastics, their composition, their classification, how to measure the force they apply, and how they can help you achieve success in your clear aligner treatments. It's one more tool (and an important one!) to master and to add in the toolbox.
- understand how to use elastics
- understand the composition of elastics
- understand how to use them
- understand how to measure the force
- see case examples
- Part 1 - Foreword
- Part 2 - Introduction
- Part 3 - Composition and anatomy
- Part 4 - Measuring the force
- Part 5 - Classification of elastics
- Part 6 - Hooks and cutbacks
- Part 7 - Crossbites and POBs
- Part 8 - Midlines
- Part 9 - Chain elastics
- Part 10 - Compliance
- Part 11 - Uni and bilateral elastics
- Part 12 - In the ClinCheck
- Part 13 - Conclusion
Prerequisite: This course is for dentists
CE hours: 2 CE hours
Subject code: 370 Orthodontics
Availability: 365 days from your registration date
Instructor: Dr. Stephane Reinhardt, DMD (bio)
*It is the responsibility of each course attendee to verify the requirements of the province or state licensing board(s) to ensure CE hours are applied for license renewal.
Cancellation Policy / Privacy and data protection Policy